This is a blog for use in both of my HIS 241 and HIS 242 Russian history survey courses at Northern Virginia Community College.

Blue separator bar

27 February 2008

Washington Post's Russia Advertising Section

Well, today is Wednesday, and the Washington Post includes every Wednesday a special, pull-out "Russia: Beyond the Headlines" special advertising supplement produced by Rossiyskaya gazeta. I'm curious if any of you are reading it (or even aware of it) and what your thought might be. Is it news, or what kind of news is it? Why publish a special supplement? Who wants it published? I've got a lot of questions.

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

I have noticed the section and read it when I can. It gives you news on what is going on in Russia and what their opinions of the current evenats. One thing I really enjoy about reading it is finsing out the cultural differences and they generally have a famous Russia meal and how to make it.

Anonymous said...

I have noticed the section and read it when I can. It gives you news on what is going on in Russia and what their opinions of the current events. One thing I really enjoy about reading it is finsing out the cultural differences and they generally have a famous Russia meal and how to make it.

John b said...

I just read a interesting article written by Mikail Gorbachev in this weeks pullout. He was talking about the possibilty and maybe necessity of one day the nations of the world being governed by a "world leader". He talked a little of countries already begininng to put the wheels in motion towards this. Of course America was one of the countries he talked of as well as other nations such as England and Russia, even groups like the G8 convention. This would obviously be a difficult task because who would choose this "world leader". And more importantly, how much power would they have?